International Day of Mathematics in Reception



Today we have enjoyed our International Day of Mathematics. All the zones in the classroom had a maths focus today. For example we had tills and money in the role play area and measuring utensils in the construction area and large numicon to play with outside. The children have enjoyed using these resources to embedd some of our mathematical learning this year.
They have enjoyed relfecting on what they have learned this year. 

“We can subitise “ Alex

“3 and 3 makes 6. I join in with maths at home and school “ Cassius

“Chronological means time order” Nella

“I love maths, I keep learning more” Skylah

“We are learning about 3D shapes “ Jessie

“We have learnt the signs for equal, add and take away” Bow



We even took maths into our PE lessons where the children enjoyed making shapes and numbers with their friends. 
Can you tell what numbers have been made in these pictures? 

We have had a brilliant day! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌏 Earth Day Poster Competition!