Teeth brushing superstars in Reception!

As part of our 'All about me' learning we have been thinking about making healthy choices. We came up with a range of things we need to do to look after ourselves including: 

- Exercising (Elysia) 

- Eating fruits and vegetables (Noah) 

- Sleeping at night (Logan) 

- Having a wash and brushing our hair (Coby) 

-Brushing our teeth (Tala) 

-Wearing warm clothes if it is cold (Urane) 

Making healthy choices when looking after our teeth is on our Early Years Curriculum. We spent some time thinking about why this is so important. 

The children could already tell me that they need to brush their teeth twice a day, in the morning and at night. We then spent some time thinking about the recommended time of 2 minutes brushing. We set a timer and realised that this felt like quite a long time! 


We then all brushed our teeth with the timer. This is what some of the children said afterwards: 

'Two minutes was actually a really long time. I will try 3 minutes next time.' - Thea

'You need to brush your teeth every day so we don't get cavities.' - Cassie 

'I brush my teeth really well at home.' - Logan 

'The timer helped me to know when 2 minutes was up.' - Freddie 

'I brush my teeth every day, always in the morning and night,' - Tala 

Well done Reception! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 PGL

World Book Day 2024