World Mental Health Day - Year 1

 Last week was World Mental Health Day. Students in Year One and throughout the school took part in activities to promote mental well-being. In Year One, we discussed the zones of regulation (green zone, yellow zone, blue zone, and red zone) and what emotions you might be feeling in each. Then, we discussed different strategies we could use to help bring us back into the green zone! Students made 'toolkits' and drew pictures of strategies that help them.




"Asking someone for a hug helps me feel calm" - Ava-Grace


"Five-finger breathing helps bring me back to the green zone" - Kiara


"Playing with toy cars helps make me feel happy" - Aibel


"Going on my trampoline or for a walk helps to make me feel better" - Eva


"Talking to my mum and dad helps to make me feel better" - Catherine


"Listening to music helps to bring me back to the green zone" - Hannah


Then we did some yoga as a class! We discussed the benefits of yoga, and how it can help make us feel calm and bring us back to the green zone. Some students said they like to do yoga at home as well!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 PGL

World Book Day 2024