Year 3 Computing: Digital vs Non-Digital
Year 3 have been learning about digital devices.
Last week we thought about how they work in simple terms:
Input - Process- Output.
Today they carried out a task to decide which they preferred: digital or non-digital. Digital devices can help us do lots of things. Ideas included:
- entertainment
- finding out information
- calling people
- taking photos
They painted a beautiful sunset! First, using paint and paper. Then, using a painting app called Freeform on the iPads. Both had great results.
However, after discussing their preferences and voting, the majority preferred real life painting!
Jorel: 'I preferred real painting because you could mix the colours to get the colour you wanted.'
Catherine: 'I liked the real painting because it was hard to use all the buttons and pens on the ipad.'
Mia: 'Using real paints is more creative!'
Naomi: 'The iPad was good because if you made a mistake you could rub it out.'
Qmari: 'I learnt the hard way that painting could get messy - my paper ripped! This wouldn't happen on an ipad!'
Comments
Post a Comment