Year 3 develop their skills in invasion games
Our topic this half term has been invasion games.
This week, we have been focusing on the skills of chest passing, and running and dodging.
"When I am a cat, I always keep an eye out to attack a mouse that is already being chased by another cat! They don't see me coming!" - Qmari
We then practised further running and dodging skills by playing a game where we had to "steal" items from our partner in a given time frame and see who had the most items and the end of the time given! We were only allowed to take one item at a time and place it back on our own cone. We had to dodge other players and work quickly and accurately. We loved this game!
Finally, we practised our chest passing. This week, we challenged ourselves and had to chest pass the ball to our partner who was moving in a space, rather than staying still and waiting to catch! This is to prepare us for further games later in the unit.
"It was really tricky, but I did it. I remembered how to place my hands on the ball and use my 'chicken wings!'" - Mia
Comments
Post a Comment