Reception- Mental Health Day

 Today is World Mental Health Day, so in Reception Class, we thought about things we can do that make us happy and calm. We thought about things we can do with our families but also on our own to support us when other people are busy. We read the Colour Monster again and discussed the feelings throughout the book and completed an activity where we had to think about our own characteristics. We linked this learning to our R.E last week, when we thought about what makes us special to God. 

During continuous provision, the children used the colour monster teddies to tell the story. 

"I am love"- Quinn

"I am anger"- Gideon 

They also used different colour monster props to match the feelings into their jars. Finally, we had mindfulness colouring with positive affirmations for the children to colour and use to support their self-regulation. 

"I am so brave when I go on roller coasters"- Logan

"I am kind to my friends when I share"- Jeevan

"Being with my cousins makes me so happy"- Brian 

"I like being with grandad, he makes me laugh when he's silly"- Macie- Grace 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌏 Earth Day Poster Competition!